Intra-Africa Academic Mobility SchemeAcademic Mobility for African Sustainable Development/AMAS
Application Details & Procedures
Please Note: The Application details called for below will form an essential basis for consideration during the selection process.
- Competence in language of course delivery at recipient Partner University. You must attach to your application, proof of language proficiency in cases where the teaching language of your home university is different from the teaching language of the recipient/ host university you are applying to.
- Both Master and Doctorate applicants should submit:
Certified academic certificates and transcripts (Bachelors for Master Applicants and Master for Doctorate Applicants);
Certified proof of admission and registration at home University. (Home University means the Partner University you are applying from; for Target-I Applicants and any other Africa University you belong to; for Target-II Applicants)- see explanations for Target I and II in Doc IA1- Information for Applicant);
Proof of nationality (Copy of National Identity Card or Valid Passport);
Completed and signed application form- Document IA-1- Information for Applicant;
Letter of reference from two academic referees (Must be sent confidentially and received within the application window of 45 days);
Two passport size photographs.
- The complete application dossier should be submitted ONLY to the AMAS Focal Person (Coordinator) of the Recipient University (The University you apply to visit for mobility and NOT to your home University). Do NOT send your application to ANY other Focal Person);
- Candidates applying to visit Moi University, Kenya should send their documents ONLY to Anne Nangulu, email- email@example.com (Moi University, Department of History, P.O. Box 3900-30100, Eldoret Kenya).
- Candidates applying to visit Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia should send their documents ONLY to Brook Lemma-Mamaru, firstname.lastname@example.org (AMAS Project Focal Person, Addis Ababa University, Sida Projects coordination Office, P. O. Box 1176, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia).
- Candidates applying to visit University Abomey Calavi, Benin should send their documents ONLY to Dodji Amouzouvi, email@example.com (Directeurs des Etablissements Privés d’Enseignement Supérieur, Directeur scientifique du Laboratoire d’Analyse et de Recherche Religions, Espaces et Développement (LARRED), Boite postale: BP 1634 Abomey Calavi, Benin).
- Candidates applying to visit University Mohamed V Rabat, Morocco should send their documents ONLY to Yamina El Kirat El Allame, firstname.lastname@example.org (Vice –Dean for Research and Cooperation & Coordinator of Research Laboratory “Culture, Language, Education, Migration & Society”, Avenue des Nations Unies, Agdal, Rabat Maroc B.P:8007.N.U).
- Candidates applying to visit University Edwardo Mondlane, Mozambique should send their documents ONLY to Gregório Firmino, email@example.com (Department of Linguistics and Literature, P.O. Box Praça 25 de Junho, 257 C. P. 257 Maputo, Moçambique).
- Application Form and other documents MUST be submitted in simple PDF format and Identity documents and photos as scanned documents.
- Please send a complete application dossier, NOT in bits, as email attachment. In addition, send hard copies of the complete emailed dossier by post to the Focal Persons as indicated above.
- Applications are called on Monday 11th June 2018 and will be closed on Wednesday 25th July 2018 at midnight (application window is open for 45 days).
Candidates who will be successful, those on pending lists and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by end of August 2018 in readiness for the successful candidates to start their academic mobility any time between September 2018 – March 2019, conditions allowing.
Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme
Academic Mobility for African Sustainable Development/AMAS
The overall objective of the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility programme is to promote sustainable development and ultimately contribute to poverty reduction by increasing the availability of trained and qualified high-level professional manpower in Africa.