Intra-Africa Academic Mobility SchemeAcademic Mobility for African Sustainable Development/AMAS
Application Details & Procedures
Please Note: The Application details called for below will form an essential basis for consideration during the selection process.
- Competence in language of course delivery at recipient Partner University. You must attach to your application, proof of language proficiency in cases where the teaching language of your home university is different from the teaching language of the recipient/ host university you are applying to.
- Both Master and Doctorate applicants should submit:
- Certified academic certificates and transcripts (Bachelors for Master Applicants and Master for Doctorate Applicants);
- Certified proof of admission and registration at home University. (Home University means the Partner University you are applying from; for Target-I Applicants and any other Africa University you belong to; for Target-II Applicants)- see explanations for Target I and II in Doc IA1- Information for Applicant);
- Proof of nationality (Copy of National Identity Card or Valid Passport);
- Completed and signed application form;
- Letter of reference from two academic referees (Must be sent confidentially and received within the application window of 45 days);
- Two passport size photographs.
- The complete application dossier should be submitted ONLY to the AMAS Focal Person (Coordinator) of the Recipient University (The University you apply to visit for mobility and NOT to your home University).
Do NOT send your application to ANY other Focal Person);
- Candidates applying to visit Moi University, Kenya should send their documents ONLY to Omar Egesah, email- [email protected] Department of Anthropology, Moi University, Kenya.
- Candidates applying to visit Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia should send their documents ONLY to Tadesse Fethai, [email protected] Director of Research, (Please copy the email to: Mr. Engdaw Serawitu, [email protected]) Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia.
- Candidates applying to visit University Abomey Calavi, Benin should send their documents ONLY to Dodji Amouzouvi, [email protected] Directeurs des Etablissements Privés d’Enseignement Supérieur, Directeur scientifique du Laboratoire d’Analyse et de Recherche Religions, Espaces et Développement (LARRED), Boite postale: BP 1634 Abomey Calavi, Benin: University Abomey Calavi, Benin.
- Candidates applying to visit University Mohamed V Rabat, Morocco should send their documents ONLY to Yamina El Kirat El Allame,[email protected](Vice –Dean for Research and Cooperation & Coordinator of Research Laboratory“ Culture, Language, Education, Migration & Society”, Avenue des Nations Unies, Agdal, Rabat Maroc B.P:8007.N.U): University Mohamed V Rabat, Morocco.
- Candidates applying to visit University Eduardo Mondlane, Mozambique should send their documents ONLY to Esmeralda Mariano, [email protected] Department of Archaeology and Anthropology, University Eduardo Mondlane, Mozambique.
- Application Form and other documents MUST be submitted in simple PDF format and other testimonials including identification documents and photos, submitted as scanned documents.
- Please send a complete application dossier, NOT in bits, as email attachment.
- Applications are called on Wednesday 25th September 2019 and will close on Friday 8th November 2019 at midnight (45 days).
All details of the call are available on the AMAS website at http://amasproject.org
Page “FOR STUDENTS”: http://amasproject.org/for-students/
Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme
Academic Mobility for African Sustainable Development/AMAS
The overall objective of the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility programme is to promote sustainable development and ultimately contribute to poverty reduction by increasing the availability of trained and qualified high-level professional manpower in Africa.